dual ethernet ports for xbox?

popejustice

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I have an MSI bigbang x-power with 2 ethernet ports. Due to the restrictions of where i live the wireless is awful so i ran a 100 foot ethernet cable to my tower. Now my xbox is also hooked up to my monitor and every time i play i have to switch that ethernet cable, which will wear it out over time. Here's the question my mobo has two ethernet ports is there any software or settings i can use to make my xbox piggy back on my computer's internet? I understand this may impair my connection and my pc will have to be on to do use my xbox but that's usually the case as i run my music through my computer as i play. This would just help avoid buying/running another 100 ft ethernet cable through my house and i'm eager to see how poorly/well it would work out if possible.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Internet connection sharing is easy to use, it makes your computer act like a router. It does take up some computer power and bandwidth but i bet you wont notice.

Choose Start→Control Panel→Network and Internet
Click the Network and Sharing Center link.
click the Manage Network's
Click a connection (the one that is connected) and then right click and hit properties.
Click the Sharing tab.
This tab doesn't give you a whole lot of options. Select the Allow Other Network Users to Connect through This Computer’s Internet Connection check box.
Hit apply or ok and close the windows.

Now use a short network cable to plug the xbox to the extra network port on the PC.

Good to go. Remeber the PC must be on for this connection to work.