Dual ethernet + wifi connection for a raspberry pi

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Hello,
I'm wondering if it's possible to force a raspberry pi 3 to connect both by ethernet and wifi simultaneously.

What I'm trying to do is set up a media server where I'm able to gain remote access to my content. Due to a problem with our ISP and having multiple routers bridged, I'm unable to use plex's remote access on the wired connection in the specific room.

When I built my PC, I went with a super cheap wifi card at once I knew I'd be wired 90% of the time. My PC is wired to router #2. Router #2 is bridged to router #1, router #1 is in the basement and plugged into the internet jack.This gives my PC full wired internet speed, however, it makes it impossible to remotely access plex from my PC over the wired connection.

The RPi3 is acting as a media streamer and plex server in the same room as my PC and is hooked to a TV and is wired to router #2 (just like my PC is). I want to leave it wired so that I can stream at top speeds when I'm watching TV at home, but if possible, I would also like it to wireless connect to router #1 in the basement so that I can also use plex's remote access. Is this even possible?

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Nevermind... I'm going to have to find something completely different; though our linux admin class instructor said this would be a ton better than any roku I could buy, a pi 3 cannot run plex, as a 640x360 cartoon through plex made it run at 100% cpu and got too hot for my comfort 5 minutes into the video, and the video was so laggy/jerky it was completely impossible to watch....

If anyone else gets the wise idea of a pi streaming device, my 7 year old roku 2 plays plex and 1080p blue ray quality movies for hours at a time without getting hot and with 0 lag and costs about 40% of the price of this stupid Pi 3 im stuck with now.