Question Dual fan vs Trio?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the reduction in price that we are seeing, I am playing a waiting game on picking up a new GPU. I am fairly decided that I would like a 3070 given pricing and particularly size, as well as my monitor being G Sync compatible. So, the question is that I have been looking at things such as the MSI Ventus and the Gaming Z trio. I have read people saying that the dual fan Ventus model sounds like a drone flying in your PC. I have a very similar experience with the current 1080 Gaming X in my system.

I also have a hard time considering that having three fans running is actually going to be significantly different than two but haven't had a card with that setup yet. I really don't want the length of the trio card for the current build either.

Thoughts? Anyone have/had both and offer opinion?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just offering opinion(never used either):
You'd think the larger fans on the dual fan model would have potential to be quieter...
Maybe the heatsink's fin array has something to do with the noise? On the 1080 Gaming X and 3070 Ventus, the fins are front to back. On the 3070 Gaming Z, it's side to side.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They take pride in the beige and brown, but for builds with a theme, it doesn't fit in as many of those as black does... even though the colors brown, black, and white are neutral colors...

It shouldn't be that hard to look at unless you're going to vertically mount it, and then you REALLY get to see the brown owl eyes. They did that on purpose - I can not un-see it.