[SOLVED] Dual GPU Installation - Help

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, I built a PC with two graphic cards. One is Gigabyte turbo RTX 3090, the other is GALAX RTX 3090.

The PC only detects one of them (I go to BIOS to check). I tested each GPU separately and they both worked.

Now I have two concerns:
1) Do I need an NVLink to make the PC detect both GPUs simultaneously?

2) Are GPUs from different manufacturers compatible for the PC to detect them?

If you guys think of any other causes making my PC unable to detect two GPUs, please advise.

Here are information about my PC. My PSU is Silverstone 1000W. My motherboard is Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 ATX Motherboard.

Thanks.

Solution
Hi, I built a PC with two graphic cards. One is Gigabyte turbo RTX 3090, the other is GALAX RTX 3090.

The PC only detects one of them (I go to BIOS to check). I tested each GPU separately and they both worked.

Now I have two concerns:

If you guys think of any other causes making my PC unable to detect two GPUs, please advise.

Here are information about my PC. My PSU is Silverstone 1000W. My motherboard is Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 ATX Motherboard.

Thanks.
  • Yes you need NVlink for SLI.
  • Yes you can mix 3090 brands.
  • No, your 1KW Silverstone probably won't cut...

Now I have two concerns:

Thanks.
  • Yes you need NVlink for SLI.
  • Yes you can mix 3090 brands.
  • No, your 1KW Silverstone probably won't cut it. Linus linked 2 3090's with a Seasonic TX-1000 and as soon as he started Tomb Raider it shutdown. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotas1
Solution