Question Dual GPU setup - multiple GPU compatibility and dedicated GPU for streaming.

Jul 15, 2019
I have just had the good fortune of being gifted a Ryzen 7 3700X, a Vega 64 (ASUS ROG Strix), ASUS Prime X470-PRO (which I updated the BIOS on) and (2*16) 32 GB DDR4-3000 MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM. I am going to replace parts from my old PC and hopefully put those into good use. They are all part of my sweet memories with PC Gaming and I don't want to part with them. And I'm planning to use my GTX 1050Ti as a dedicated second GPU to offload the task of encoding during my livestreams.

Now, previously I have confidently setup dual GTX setups for my clients, where a 1080Ti would handle the actual gaming, and a 1060 3GB or a 1050Ti would be assigned the dedicated GPU for encoding in OBS. I haven't had any luck trying to run my 1050Ti in a similar role paired with my Vega 64.

Can anyone explain what the problem could be?

I am driving the monitor off HDMI on Vega 64, have the latest drivers for both the GPUs and have tried the standard possible fixes like safe mode, etc. The only stuff I could think of doing next is probably getting custom BIOS or re-working the drivers (neither is very appealing, as they will void the warranty on both the GPUs).

Also, I'd appreciate if someone can provide me a solution that will allow me to use both the cards as I intend to.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS