Dual graphiccard in win 2k possible ????

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is a simple question.

Is it possible to put 2 graphic cards in my win 2K system and get 2 diferent imegaes on the 2 screens. I want it with 2 cards and not a matrox or someting like that beceause i want to keep my Geforce 3.

duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright site and a dark site, and it keeps the universe togheter.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zwaarst on 08/18/01 11:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
beceause I searched the board, and I found one previeuws post with the message that it doesn't work with NT4. And I want to know before I go and search a good PCI video card.

duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright site and a dark site, and it keeps the universe togheter.

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well I think it is possible since... I have such a setup running. Just make sure that the primary VGA in the BIOS is set to PCI. Now this setup will only work with multiple monitors just to be clear. It'll have no problem detecting the card and the display settings window changes so you can configure the position of the monitors and even supports dual resolutions. Win2k definitely supports it as does 98&ME, but NT4 and previous do not. As for the 2 images I'm not too sure what you mean but you will be able to maximize windows in each monitor things tend to slow down when they cross both screens.

To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:
Change the signature of the week<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by igottaknife on 08/19/01 12:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

zwaarst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
why does the primery vga has to be set on PCI. This will result that the pci-card and the monitor connectet with it will be the primery card. I have a nice Geforce 3 with a 19"LG flattron, I don't want the 14" and a second hand PCI-card (that I still have to buy) to be the primery monitor.

<font color=red>duk-tape is like the force, it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps the universe together.</font color=red>

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No, setting the primary VGA to PCI will only make you boot up in the second monitor. You'll still be able to set the GeForce3 as the <b>Primary Display</b> in Win2k. The Bios setting is set to PCI because it will not detect the PCI graphics card otherwise. There are a lot of options once you get into the display settings in windows. You'll want to set the GeForce3 as Monitor #1 and the PCI card as monitor #2. The whole thing is pretty straight forward once you go into the display settings. My current setup has it boot on the PCI, login is on my GF2 which is set to #1 all my Icons and tool bars including the start menu, are on the second monitor. #1 is a 21" @1600x1200 and #2 is an old 14" @800x600. I only wish I could put different backgrounds on each monitor.

To <b>HELL</b> with your damned cookie.... :mad: ptooo!! :mad:
Change the signature of the week