Dual GTX 260 SLI Issues

anthonyfleck

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Hi,

I recently built a new computer and am starting to notice a couple of issues with the video cards. I hope somebody here can help me figure it out, I can't seem to pinpoint it.

System info
Gigabyte p55a-ud4p rev 1.0
2x BFG Nvidia GTX 260 OC MaxCore
Core i5 750
8gb RAM
Windows 7

Bios version updated to latest (F10)
Nvidia drivers and software updated to latest (197.45)
All Windows updates applied

What's happening is on the monitor connected to the main video card in the pci x16 slot at times (it seems random.. perhaps it's more often after I wake the system from sleep mode) there is a faint bar that runs vertically up the screen. It's also random as to where the bar is and it's very faint, only visible against dark backgrounds. It usually goes away (but not always) after I restart the system but always comes back over time (and not always after being in sleep mode).

The other problem I have is some sort of strange static sort of look. It's like a two inch area at the bottom of my screen in Fallout 3 and Oblivion on my HD TV where the stuff above the bar kind of drags into the stuff on the bottom. That's the best way I can explain it.. I am not sure if there is a word for it or not. I am using a VGA cable for it, it's not a huge deal but also annoying and it seems to lessen (but not completely stop) when I turn VSync off for the game in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I've tried updating drivers and the BIOS as well as re-seating and even trading the graphics cards slots. Also it seems to be limited to only the screen which I have enabled SLI in the control panel for. I have tested on two different monitors and two HD TVs.

Any information or ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS