DUAL Layer DVD Writers

Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
restricted to +R/RW is this correct?

In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
for R/RW.

Thanks
Tom

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom Clydesdale"
<t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:

>Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
>ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
>restricted to +R/RW is this correct?
>
>In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
>for R/RW.
>
>Thanks
>Tom

Mine will only do Double DVD+R, Single layer it will do all formats.
Also, the only dual layer media that I have been able to find is DVD+R
DL. And the are expensive. Not worth it yet.

Thanks for the input - it kind of confirms my observations.

Just saw (today) that Nero is now handling DVD-R dual layer? Wonder if
there is more unannounced change!

"Perry" <perry@perrymarlin.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom Clydesdale"
> <t.clydesdale.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone familiar with the Dual Layer DVD RW drives? In reviewing the
>>ordering information available it seems as though the dual layer is
>>restricted to +R/RW is this correct?
>>
>>In each case it appears the "DL" is restricted to + while the other is +&-
>>for R/RW.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Tom
>>
> Mine will only do Double DVD+R, Single layer it will do all formats.
> Also, the only dual layer media that I have been able to find is DVD+R
> DL. And the are expensive. Not worth it yet.

Current dual layer is a joke. Lots of problems and the media is REAL
pricey, plus from what I've seen so far it is almost as bad as CD-RW in
regards to usability in various drives.

--
Steve Williams