[SOLVED] Dual molex to 6 pin is it safe?

Aug 25, 2019
Im building a mining rig right now and im running a gtx 1050 ti and i want to buy a gtx 1660 but i only have a 600 watt psu with 3 6 pin connectors all used up buy my 1050ti. Can i use a dual molex to 6 pin for constant power? Is it dangerous?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Do i just get a more powerful psu then?

Not necessarily more powerful (ie: higher wattage rating) but one that's a known, quality model AND has the connectors you need.

I mean, if you're going to load this thing up with multiple video cards, then, yes, you'll need a more powerful PSU - but you want one that more than covers the power draw expected, AND has all the connectors you need.

Im building a mining rig right now and im running a gtx 1050 ti and i want to buy a gtx 1660 but i only have a 600 watt psu with 3 6 pin connectors all used up buy my 1050ti. Can i use a dual molex to 6 pin for constant power? Is it dangerous?

Using low end card in a "mining rig" well past the point of the mining craze, you are much more likely to be paying more in electrical costs than you will get back in virtual coins. Keep in mind the longer a currency is being mined by more and more people, the harder it is go get new amounts of that currency. At this point you have had racks or high end GPUs running mining programs for months before you start.

It may be fun to play with, but don't expect to be paying for your next car with your setup, or even a good dinner.

Aug 25, 2019
Using low end card in a "mining rig" well past the point of the mining craze, you are much more likely to be paying more in electrical costs than you will get back in virtual coins. Keep in mind the longer a currency is being mined by more and more people, the harder it is go get new amounts of that currency. At this point you have had racks or high end GPUs running mining programs for months before you start.

It may be fun to play with, but don't expect to be paying for your next car with your setup, or even a good dinner.
I have a 2 6 card rigs with 1080tis im trying to build a budget rig with 1660s and 1050ti s