[SOLVED] Dual Monitor, 4 Port KVM Switch?

leecarver

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Working from home as a consultant, I've accumulated a number of laptops from various clients (now at 3) that are required for me to operate. To give myself some desk space, I'm investigating 4 Port KVM switches that allow for a dual monitor setup, allowing me to keep my desk clear (except for monitors, keyboard, and mouse), with my desktop and three laptops underneath the desk (laptops in a simple laptop stand holder). I'd love for my desktop to be able to use the high refresh rate of my monitors, but I don't think that's going to happen. I've found these there options on Amazon and am curious if anyone has any experience operating a similar setup or a preference on models:

Any insight or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

leecarver

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Do your computers support DisplayPort?

If they do. I'd use a DP KVM to get the high refresh rate you want.

The laptops are all HDMI. It's questionable whether adapters will be able to achieve the refresh rates with one of the few switches I've found that'll handle 120hz at 2560x1080. That and I don't want to spend $750 on a switch.

I'm thinking I'm better off getting a $189 switch that'll handle everything at 60Hz and resigning myself to likely never using my monitors at full capacity. :)