Dual monitor configuration

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Hello! Long time since I've had a question but I'm currently looking to upgrade monitors to 120 hz + refresh rate. My friend swears up and down that the

QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll LED 2560x1440 QHD PLS Panel by samsung Monitor DVI-D MATTEE Screen Perfect pixel

Is a really good monitor, so I ordered one. Well I actually ordered 2 due to ordering the first one from a different vendor than MNW Global. SOOOOO I usually have 3 monitors running at a time (will buy the third if I can figure out how to run all 3), one main and 2 wingmen. However with my GForce 780s running in SLI, I'm not sure how to run three of these and keep them all on same refresh rate, etc. Supposed to only use DVI-D ports.....and running in SLI will only allow me to use one of the 780's cards to plug monitors into.

My SLI graphics cards are: EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready (03G-P4-2784-KR)

Any ideas on how to run 3 monitors with SLI 780s and keep them on same refresh rate so I don't get the screen flicker????

Darth Rache

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Yea, i had this problem when i went SLI with my 780s. I run two of mine off of the top card with DVI, and the third monitor off of the second card in the first DVI port. This is also the way you will have to do them if you plan to run them in Nvidia Surround.

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

I cant get anything to work off of the 2nd card. Once they're in SLI doesn't it pretty much disable the ports on the bottom one? Or am I just hosed, and need to run my wingmen off another video card (which using a sabertooth z87 I don't have room). There is one more pci-express slot below my 2nd 780 but too tight to use. Is there some sort of external type dual video card that I could run the other monitors off of? Not too terribly concerned with getting to 120 hertz on the wingmen but would like to if possible. I know its a waste having 3 of these monitors if I'm not gaming on them but I'm stuck with the 2nd one anyways. I may just use one of the qnix, and then my 24" one I'm currently using. Not sure yet. Either way I'm trying to get them either working together in SLI or segregating the wingmen to a different card so I'm not screen flickering due to different refresh rates.

TRENDING THREADS