Dual monitor connection problem (GTX 1050Ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018
So, I have a Geforce GTX 1050Ti graphics card (which has 1x HDMI, 1x DP and 1x DVI I believe), and I'm trying to setup two monitors. The one I'm using currently uses a HDMI - HDMI cable and it works fine. With the other monitor I bought (Samsung model S24E510C) I got a DP - HDMI cable. When I plugged it in, it didn't detect it in my screen settings. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't find it?

I have enabled the dual monitor by pressing Windows + P.

EDIT: I tried to use the HDMI - HDMI with the new monitor, and it worked fine. After that I tried the new Displayport - HDMI cable with my current monitor, it didn't work on this one either. So either my brand new cable is not working or my graphics card isn't supporting HDMI and Displayport at the same time? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Apr 12, 2018

Yeah it doesn't work, I guess the new cable isn't working for some reason then. I'll try to get a new one.

Apr 12, 2018

Sorry for the mistake, I meant a DP - HDMI cable. It's a 3m Displayport to HDMI adapter cable from Deltaco. But do you mean I need a certain kind of cable for it to work? The monitor I have only has a HDMI slot which is why I needed the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.