[SOLVED] dual monitor connection problems

Aug 9, 2022
My second monitor is old and only supports VGA. But my Graphics card is only DVI and HDMI. I have a VGA slot on my motherboard, how can i get my computer to recognize both my first and second monitor having one plugged into the graphics card and one into the motherboard ports?

are there any solutions that dosnt require not buying an adapter? I'm really tight on money right now!

Solution
im upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600X in a week or so, would that work? also as a person who hasnt been in pc building for very long, what is a "G skew"?

There are a variety of Ryzen CPU that have a G skew (rather than X or none) which have integrated graphics onboard and will allow the motherboard video outputs to operate. The others such as the one you mention don't have onboard graphics and cannot output video without a discrete graphics solution.
Aug 9, 2022
If you have a system with integrated graphics you may have an option in BIOS to enable video there as well as PCI-e.

It would be far more helpful to us if you would list hardware and OS for this build.
i have a ASRock B450 PRO4 with Windows 10 installed, my grapchics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI along with a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor

Aug 9, 2022
2600 has no graphics ability. The motherboard connection will not be available unless you get a G skew.
im upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600X in a week or so, would that work? also as a person who hasnt been in pc building for very long, what is a "G skew"? i would also like to add that this purchase is the reason why i am in the finically tight spot right now i previously spoke of

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
im upgrading to the Ryzen 5 5600X in a week or so, would that work? also as a person who hasnt been in pc building for very long, what is a "G skew"?

There are a variety of Ryzen CPU that have a G skew (rather than X or none) which have integrated graphics onboard and will allow the motherboard video outputs to operate. The others such as the one you mention don't have onboard graphics and cannot output video without a discrete graphics solution.

Solution
Aug 9, 2022
ahhh, okay thanks, guess ill wait to get an adapter ;-;