Dual monitor environment

In a dual monitor arrangement, I need to have Outlook98 open on the 2nd
monitor instead of the primary monitor. This is no problem with most
applications, but Outlook ignores the normal method of forcing the opening on
the 2nd monitor. Does anyone know how to accomplish this, is there a
registry key/value that governs where Outlook98 opens? Help Mr. Wizard!

Thanks

Mattie said the following on 1/7/2005 12:31 AM:
> In a dual monitor arrangement, I need to have Outlook98 open on the 2nd
> monitor instead of the primary monitor. This is no problem with most
> applications, but Outlook ignores the normal method of forcing the opening on
> the 2nd monitor. Does anyone know how to accomplish this, is there a
> registry key/value that governs where Outlook98 opens? Help Mr. Wizard!
>
> Thanks

Mattie,
I had a similar problem with a different application. The solution I
found is to open the program and place it on the second monitor so that
just the smallest sliver of its edge is on the main monitor. Then when
you reopen it, since it wants to be on the main monitor, it will come up
at that "on the very edge" spot, but it appears to be on the second monitor.

Hope this helps.
Rose

BURT

I also had good luck with this problem you mention by having the program
window in question on monitor 2 and when you X it out, hold your SHIFT key
down and Windows seems to remember the placement... Not sure about ALL
apps, but it has worked on several for me.
HTH,
--
Burt
The Old Alaskan