Question Dual Monitor glitching

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
Hello, i have a dual monitor setup, main problem i have is that when certain games go fullscreen, the windows on the other monitor change around, for example say i want to stream a certain game, so i'll have my twitch chat up on the second monitor but when i launch the game on monitor 1, all of a sudden i'm looking at steam launcher on the second monitor, and when i alt + tab out, then it's twitch chat back on the second monitor, thing is it only does this with certain games, for example if i run Cities: Skylines, everything works fine, but when i run Star Wars: Battlefront 2, then the windows change on the second monitor, now Monitor 1 is at 3840x2160 and Monitor 2 is at 1600x900 cause that's the highest it will go, but even when i change things around where both monitors and the fullscreen game will be at 1600x900 the windows still change around, not sure what is going on or how to fix it.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
This can be in relation to windowed/fullscreen mode within the game and especially due to the drastic differences in resolution. Not real sure about it actually swapping screens on you. I would likely try to step up to a 1920x1080 solution for the second monitor and see if it will act better.

Probably worthwhile to ask what GPU spec and system spec are in regard to this and someone may be aware of a specific solution.

edit- something to consider trying if your build supports it. Try running the smaller screen off the integrated graphics.

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
This can be in relation to windowed/fullscreen mode within the game and especially due to the drastic differences in resolution. Not real sure about it actually swapping screens on you. I would likely try to step up to a 1920x1080 solution for the second monitor and see if it will act better.

Probably worthwhile to ask what GPU spec and system spec are in regard to this and someone may be aware of a specific solution.

edit- something to consider trying if your build supports it. Try running the smaller screen off the integrated graphics.
like i said the second monitor won't go any higher than 1600x900, also i've changed things where everything would be running off the same 1600x900 that the second monitor is using, meaning the first monitor and the game as well, and it still happens, but to answer your question, i have an RTX 2080 Ti, a Ryzen 7 2700X, 32 GB of RAM and Windows 10 64-bit, and while my build does not have integrated graphics support, i do have a crappy GT 710 card i could throw in there to hook the second monitor into

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I am not familiar enough with dual GPU to suggest that would work outside the integrated solutions I have utilized (Intel). I meant my comment in regard to upgrading that second monitor to said. The aspect ratio of 1080 and "4K" are the same (aside from the resolution, obviously) so it shouldn't cause a problem if you had to downsize.

I wish I could be of more help in that regard.