Dual Monitor help

thechosencookie

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
i have a dell xps the MOBO is:Dell Inc. 0NW73C (CPU 1)
and the GPU is:2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Dell)
this is a computer i plan on using for another 6 months until i finish building my other one i am wanting to run dual monitors well 1 is a tv for when i watch movies but im sick of unplugging the monitor and plugging it into the tv i have 2 HDMI spots 1 is in the GPU where the monitor is connected its a Samsung s23c350 and the other HDMI is in the MOBO is there a way to have both running at the same time and you just have to put the tv into HDMI mode to see it cheers
Nick

Hey thechosencookie,

Have you checked your ATI Catalyst Control to see if dual monitors is enabled? There should be a setting in there. If not, check your display settings in your OS and make sure you can see both monitors.

The setup should work if you have this;

Mobo HDMI > Monitor HDMI
GPU HDMI > Monitor HDMI

Let me know if you have any problems and I will try to find you another solution.

:)

- LE

Using both GPUs simultaneously will only work if supported by the BIOS.

If not supported, you have to run both monitors from the PCIe graphics card, but avoid the use of adapters if you can as wrong choice of adapter can give rise to "No signal" issues (plus some cheaper monitor adapters are just plain cr*p).

thechosencookie

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Hi,
I dont seem to have the catalyst control on my pc?
cheers

Make sure you have all your drivers installed. See if The CC is compatible with your system. (You could call AMD support).

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

It may not be the catalyst control but most GPUs come with some form of software to customize them. For example Nvidia GPUs have the Nvidia control panel to customize dual monitors, etc. So you will probably need that to set up dual screens. Still test with windows display settings to make sure there's no issue there. Windows troubleshooting may be your friend here as well.

:)

- LE

thechosencookie

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Thanks for your help nothing seems to work so ill just have to do it for another 6 months or until i get a new tv cheers

thechosencookie

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Thank you i plan on getting a new tv in the next month so i was thinking theres no point stuffing around with this one but if i have any issues with setting up the new one ill be sure to message you cheers