[SOLVED] Dual monitor help.

Corvid1986

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
So I have an nvidia geforce rtx 2070 and need to plug two display devices in, one screen and one graphics tablet, the problem is I only have one HDMI port and both devices use HDMI. Can I get an adaptor for my screen and use the HDMI and a displayport socket at the same time or do I need to switch both to the display socket? Sorry I'm not sure what to do but thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
you can use an adapter to convert the display port to hdmi.

i did the same thing myself using this adapter from amazon. works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081GMCNNF

there are cheaper ones as well but this one was on sale for like $8 if i recall right. very good quality and it fits snuggly into the port as does the hdmi cable. nice and snug. i don't care for lose connections as they can damage the port over time as it flops around and tugs about while plugged in.

in fact i am using all 3 ports on my 1650 super with the display port adapter and a dvi to hdmi adapter to go to my TV!! no issues at all with 3 monitors and 2 using adapters

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

there are cheaper ones as well but this one was on sale for like $8 if i recall right. very good quality and it fits snuggly into the port as does the hdmi cable. nice and snug. i don't care for lose connections as they can damage the port over time as it flops around and tugs about while plugged in.

in fact i am using all 3 ports on my 1650 super with the display port adapter and a dvi to hdmi adapter to go to my TV!! no issues at all with 3 monitors and 2 using adapters

Solution

Corvid1986

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

so it won't have an issue with my monitor plugged into the Display port using an adaptor and my table plugged into the HDMI at the same time, both into the GFX card?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not a problem at all. as i said i run 3 monitors and have them all on at one time quite often.

2 of them stay on all the time as i keep a ton of stuff open at once and need the extra screen space.

not sure what a graphics tablet is though. if it is what i think it is, then not sure why it connects with hdmi. can you give a touch more info on that item? maybe even a link to it so i can see what it is.

Corvid1986

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
not a problem at all. as i said i run 3 monitors and have them all on at one time quite often.

2 of them stay on all the time as i keep a ton of stuff open at once and need the extra screen space.

not sure what a graphics tablet is though. if it is what i think it is, then not sure why it connects with hdmi. can you give a touch more info on that item? maybe even a link to it so i can see what it is.

Sure it's the XP Pen artist series 12 and has it's own inbuilt screen you draw on so it acts as a second screen. Link below, but thanks for your help, I'll grab a converter tomorrow thanks heaps.

https://m.storexp-pen.com.au/buy/75.html

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's pretty cool. since i know it can't send data back to the pc through hdmi, how does it save your work?

i guess it has to be internal memory and then the usb let's you copy it over?

just curious as i've actually looked into these at a minimal level and figure you got some knowledge can pick from your brain :)

Corvid1986

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
that's pretty cool. since i know it can't send data back to the pc through hdmi, how does it save your work?

i guess it has to be internal memory and then the usb let's you copy it over?

just curious as i've actually looked into these at a minimal level and figure you got some knowledge can pick from your brain :)

It works very much the same as the older graphics tablets but it just has an inbuilt screen so it has to be plugged in to the PC/Laptop via both HDMI and a USB cable and you run your chosen program on the system.