Dual monitor is 2 active games possible?

Guillaume_4

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Hello,

I am trying to setup 2 monitors on my PC to have 2 different games running at the same time.
Example : I would play League of legends on one screen and my girlfriend would play a wii emulator with a controller on the second monitor so I would need both screen to be active ?
Can someone tell me if such thing exist?

Thanks,
G.

Solution
Mmm, I don't think it's possible to do it, because once a window "loses focus" (i.e. you click another window, like having multiple web browsers open, your key presses only go to one) it won't receive commands from the controller.

You can test it out, because you can run two games on two monitors, or even the same monitor if they're both run in windowed mode, but I believe the controller will only send commands to the active window, which would be LoL.

You also wouldn't need a second GPU, provided your first GPU is powerful enough to run two games at the same time.
Mmm, I don't think it's possible to do it, because once a window "loses focus" (i.e. you click another window, like having multiple web browsers open, your key presses only go to one) it won't receive commands from the controller.

You can test it out, because you can run two games on two monitors, or even the same monitor if they're both run in windowed mode, but I believe the controller will only send commands to the active window, which would be LoL.

You also wouldn't need a second GPU, provided your first GPU is powerful enough to run two games at the same time.

Solution
Only way I know of to do this is to run a couple of VMs and split CPU cores, memory and GPUs accordingly. CPU core split isn't an issue, but using the same GPU for two active VMs is a bad idea. If it's sufficiently powerful I guess a secondary GPU is not needed, but since OP is talking about League of Legends I doubt he has a GTX 1060 or some such card.

Mmm, no.

Do you have 2 monitors Kagour?

Just run two separate games in windowed mode, and turn off the background pause feature if they have it. They'll both run, but the problem would be do you have enough processing power to run two programs.

I could easily run like 6 Nintendo DS emulators at the same time if I wanted too, the problem is controlling them.

OP may need to manually assign CPU cores to the programs as well so they don't try to keep using the same cores.

@OP, what you want is "possible" to do, but it's hard to setup up right, and you'd be better off just getting a weak computer powerful enough to run the wii emulator.