Dual Monitor Issue - Second Monitor Won't Play Browser Videos

toucan8

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Hi All,

I recently installed my second Acer 24" monitor to my Alienware x51 r2 that has a GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM graphics card (first monitor connected to this one), but this second monitor is connected to the default graphics card (Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600). Whenever I play videos (Youtube, or any other browser video) the video is black but you can hear the audio from it.

Any suggestions on what might be going on and how I can fix this? It's getting rather annoying that I need to use my first monitor to watch videos while I am writing reports/running another program.

Note: I'm using the most updated version of Firefox as my browser and I turned off Hardware Acceleration and it didn't help. The no video also occurs on my main monitor that is connected to my GeForce card.

toucan8

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

Where would I check this under BIOS? I have them connected to 2 separate graphics card, one to the GeForce and one to the default Intel HD 4600 using 2 DVI cables.

toucan8

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

Nope, DVI is the current output of the cards for my computer. Is there anything in particular that I should look at in the BIOS to set it up if you can recall? Should it just say something about both monitors being enabled or something like that? It's strange that it allows me to watch videos via VLC player or WMP but not on websites.