Dual Monitor Issue

dustin5378

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
Hello,
I have a user that has dual monitors, and when she maximizes a window it locks and she is unable to slide it to the other monitor. She can double click and move it as well as minimize and move it to the other screen. It is just when the window is fully maximized she is unable to grab ahold of it and move it.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Sounds like normal behavior to me. Maximized windows cant be moved. afaik they are locked to the display at that point. If she wants it full screen and movable she needs to drag the windowed-sized app to fill the whole screen. Exiting and reopening should set this size as the default "windowed" size

popatim

Titan
Sounds like normal behavior to me. Maximized windows cant be moved. afaik they are locked to the display at that point. If she wants it full screen and movable she needs to drag the windowed-sized app to fill the whole screen. Exiting and reopening should set this size as the default "windowed" size

Solution

popatim

Titan
ok on an XP system I have - the maximized window is locked to display and you need to window it to move it.
on my win7 (nvidia graphics drivers if that matters) the maximized app automatically windows when I try to move it and then maximizes on the new screen when I let go.

So which OS does she have?