[SOLVED] Dual monitor issues. black screen on 2nd monitor during gameplay

SlayerTime11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
EDIT: SOLVED
OK so i just got a new monitor to replace a tv i was using in a dual monitor set up
The old monitor and tv used to work fine and i could game on the monitor and watch videos on the tv.

I just got this monitor to be my main monitor https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168244...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_- (main monitor for future context) hooked up with display port cable
My old monitor i bought last year. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CS3JGPC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Hooked up with HDMI as my graphics card only has 1 displayport
Just in case it matters the graphics card is a XFX Radeon RS RX 480 RX-480P8LFB6 8GB GDDR5 TRUE OC 1288MHZ XFX Edition 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
I got that is 2017

OK so Issue is explained like this. Both monitors work fine and i can dual monitor perfectly fine.
Issue is when i start a game and start actually playing my 2nd monitor starts acting buggy. doesnt happen in main menu but only when i finish initial load screen from main menue. tried on multiple games.
And buggy means its starts acting like its fliping between the hdmi channels (1 and 2 port) and then after a minute goes blank screen,
I updated the graphics card and im unsure if im just cursed with this problem or if there is a solution that can be found. yes i did turn off power saver mode on my samsung monitor (monitor with issue)

It didnt happen with old dual monitor set up so i dont think it is with graphics card unless graphics card just cant handle a 4k monitor and a 2k monitor.
Edit i used to run my old set up samsung 4k monitor on display port tv on hdmi if that matters

Also tried to run games on the samsung monitor and it still bugged out. tired going to bed. will try switching the displayport cable and hdmi cable tommorow and see what that does

Last edited:
Solution
I finally solved the issue with trial and error. the HDMI cable i was using was somehow making it bug out. currently have the main gaming monitor hooked up with the HDMI cable it came with and changed the 4k monitor to the displayport cable. will try to see if the HDMI cable the gaming monitor came with will cause the bug out too or if its just the old hdmi cable i was using.
Issue was solved though and all is well.

Lutfij

Titan
See if the issue happens with only the gaming monitor connected and the 4K panel disconnected. Might it be possible to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

we're currently on 1909 for Windows 10. You might also want to reinstall the GPU drivers after uninstalling them using DDU. How old is your PSU and are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

SlayerTime11

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
I finally solved the issue with trial and error. the HDMI cable i was using was somehow making it bug out. currently have the main gaming monitor hooked up with the HDMI cable it came with and changed the 4k monitor to the displayport cable. will try to see if the HDMI cable the gaming monitor came with will cause the bug out too or if its just the old hdmi cable i was using.
Issue was solved though and all is well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS