[SOLVED] Dual Monitor Problem

matthewrandall

Prominent
Feb 11, 2020
I want to have dual displays so I can multi task better. My GPU on has 1 hdmi but has a VGA and both TVs only have hdmi. I have ordered a splitter and it mirrors my screen which I do not want. Could I use a HDMI to VGA cable instead? Have the HDMI to HDMI from one TV and HDMI to VGA in the other?

Solution
You can use the VGA output but not with just a cable, certainly not an HDMI to VGA cable. You must look it for the direction the signal travels, computer to monitor, and get a VGA to HDMI converter. It will have a little box on it that converts the analog VGA from the computer to digital HDMI. So you'll have one HDMI to HDMI, and one VGA to HDMI through a converter box built into the cable.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
You can use the VGA output but not with just a cable, certainly not an HDMI to VGA cable. You must look it for the direction the signal travels, computer to monitor, and get a VGA to HDMI converter. It will have a little box on it that converts the analog VGA from the computer to digital HDMI. So you'll have one HDMI to HDMI, and one VGA to HDMI through a converter box built into the cable.

Solution

matthewrandall

Prominent
Feb 11, 2020
So could I just buy one of these? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Plate...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

matthewrandall

Prominent
Feb 11, 2020