Question Dual monitor problem

Opster

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
Hi,

I'll be just idling on my pc, i have 2 monitors. 1 is running HDMI, the other Display port.

Randomly my 2nd monitor flickers off, then will come back on again a couple of seconds/minutes later.

It has been fine for days after an upgrade, the last couple of evenings this has started to happen.
I was playing games on main and watching football on 2nd with no problems until this problem arose.

I have just changed my graphics card from GTX 2060 to a 3090, that is the only change i have made.
Cpu= i9 10850k
Ram= 32Gb

More annoying than anything if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Sep 23, 2020
I was having issues after upgrading to my 3080. I was using an HDMI and displayport, main and 2nd monitor respectively. Upgraded both cables to the newest displayport cable versions and that stopped my issues. Mayhaps works for you?

Reactions: Opster

Opster

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
I was having issues after upgrading to my 3080. I was using an HDMI and displayport, main and 2nd monitor respectively. Upgraded both cables to the newest displayport cable versions and that stopped my issues. Mayhaps works for you?
I keep checking my cables and i also read about what you have said.... I shall proceed in purchasing new display port cables :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY