[SOLVED] Dual monitor problem

Opster

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
Hi,

I'll be just idling on my pc, i have 2 monitors. 1 is running HDMI, the other Display port.

Randomly my 2nd monitor flickers off, then will come back on again a couple of seconds/minutes later.

It has been fine for days after an upgrade, the last couple of evenings this has started to happen.
I was playing games on main and watching football on 2nd with no problems until this problem arose.

I have just changed my graphics card from GTX 2060 to a 3090, that is the only change i have made.
Cpu= i9 10850k
Ram= 32Gb

More annoying than anything if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Solution
I was having issues after upgrading to my 3080. I was using an HDMI and displayport, main and 2nd monitor respectively. Upgraded both cables to the newest displayport cable versions and that stopped my issues. Mayhaps works for you?

Opster

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
I was having issues after upgrading to my 3080. I was using an HDMI and displayport, main and 2nd monitor respectively. Upgraded both cables to the newest displayport cable versions and that stopped my issues. Mayhaps works for you?

I keep checking my cables and i also read about what you have said.... I shall proceed in purchasing new display port cables :)