[SOLVED] Dual monitor set up flicking between one and the other upon unlocking PC ?

Apr 4, 2021
Hi,

I built a PC about a month ago and the last few days, my main monitor would disconnect (go black and display only "DisplayPort"), then my screen switches to my secondary monitor, then back to my primary (when it turns back on after a few seconds). Basically, my primary monitor acts like it was just unplugged for a few seconds. Both monitors are identical, other than primary having V sync. It happens 90% of the time when waking the PC up from sleep/lockscreen/etc. It was happening during use a few days ago, but is doing it less now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for my graphics card and changed the DisplayPort cable. I've restarted the monitors.

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B460-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1200 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Monitor: 2 x Samsung CJG54 27"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version of Windows 10 are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU in your build.

With the monitor that ends up going back and forth(with connectivity), have that the only panel connected to your system and try running the system until the issue is recreated.

You will need the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall current drivers for display, then reboot and install latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan

What version of Windows 10 are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU in your build.

With the monitor that ends up going back and forth(with connectivity), have that the only panel connected to your system and try running the system until the issue is recreated.

You will need the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall current drivers for display, then reboot and install latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
Apr 4, 2021

Thanks for your response. I managed to fix it by uninstalling NVIDIA drivers and "installing" my monitors (from Samsung website). Then I reinstalled the drivers again.