[SOLVED] Dual monitor setup and ergonomics

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone!
When switching to dual monitor setup, usually what I've seen is one main monitor in front and one to the left or right. But after using this setup I got some serious chest and neck pains, which my physiotherapist told me is due to my ergonomics. He advised me to place my monitors so that they are in an equal position, and my keyboard would be in the line dividing the two. But it seems weird, and when I start gaming I only use one of them

So, what would you guys advise me to do in this situation? Maybe you can share your workplace and how you position your monitors or some solution to my issue? Or maybe there's some way to adjust my 2nd monitor to a more comfortable angle?

Photo of my workstation: View: https://imgur.com/qflnmdw

Solution
Get a monitor mount, much more adjustable. There are not really many options here aside form the obvious things of having both in front of you, or dealing with looking to the side if you want one in front of you only. Your second monitor looks way angled in, you should be able to move it to the front more and still have it to the side.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Maybe keep them the way they are in the picture, but move you monitors more towards the edge?
That way, if you want to look at both, you can sit in the corner and have both equally in front of you, as you were advised - your keyboard would also be in the center etc.
When you are gaming, you will move your chair back in the front, so that you are facing only one of them.

Or, if you are made of money, get a stand for 2 monitors that you can rotate...

Reactions: themiziko
Get a monitor mount, much more adjustable. There are not really many options here aside form the obvious things of having both in front of you, or dealing with looking to the side if you want one in front of you only. Your second monitor looks way angled in, you should be able to move it to the front more and still have it to the side.

Solution