[SOLVED] Dual Monitor setup constantly going black

Apr 19, 2020
I seem to have a problem at my dual monitors, as they constantly keep on blacking out, both of them at the same time as I play, I am unsure if this is a problem with my GPU, Power Supply...etc. Here are some of the specs currently:

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Power Supply of 650 watts
12 GB Ram

Solution
Well, that just leaves 2 things now: the gpu itself, or the psu.
-Gpu got screwed up by the psu. You may not already be aware, but that unit wasn't designed to handle gaming graphics cards.
-Psu is supplying too much 'dirty power' to the gpu and needs to be replaced. It's like taking a BMW and running it on regular grade fuel.

I would suggest replacing the psu first. No more cheap units, if you can help it. If budget is tight:
Corsair CX/CXM - get the ones with black lettering. There are models with green lettering, avoid those.
Corsair TXM - I see these go on sale from time to time. You might get lucky.

And even after you've replaced the unit, the gpu may still have problems if any damage was done.
Apr 19, 2020
No, I haven't tried a device driver installer, all I know is that the new graphics card got installed once I booted up my computer once installing it.

I believe so, haven't really checked if they are, this problem hasn't occurred until I got a 2nd monitor

Edit: Already uninstalled the old one, problem still occurred, just updated the devices, I'll see what happens

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Gpu got screwed up by the psu. You may not already be aware, but that unit wasn't designed to handle gaming graphics cards.
-Psu is supplying too much 'dirty power' to the gpu and needs to be replaced. It's like taking a BMW and running it on regular grade fuel.

I would suggest replacing the psu first. No more cheap units, if you can help it. If budget is tight:
Corsair CX/CXM - get the ones with black lettering. There are models with green lettering, avoid those.

And even after you've replaced the unit, the gpu may still have problems if any damage was done.

Solution
Apr 19, 2020

Thank you very much for your help, I'll have to replace my PSU then