Dual monitor setup

Wxh

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hi, I'm currently running an i7-5820k and an EVGA 980ti SC setup on an asus rogswift pg278q I wanted to add another monitor to browse the internet or watch youtube and other things while gaming I was thinking about getting the ASUS PB238Q and I was wondering if that will impact my FPS during gaming or I should get another monitor.

Solution
For just browsing the stress on the GPU will almost be nonexistant, however if you are really that worried and you can invest more, you can always buy a low-end nvidia GPU, use it as a dedicated physx card and plug the secondary monitor into it. This way the 980ti won't be stressed, not only that, your system will be faster due to the dedicated physx device.
For just browsing the stress on the GPU will almost be nonexistant, however if you are really that worried and you can invest more, you can always buy a low-end nvidia GPU, use it as a dedicated physx card and plug the secondary monitor into it. This way the 980ti won't be stressed, not only that, your system will be faster due to the dedicated physx device.

Solution

Wxh

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

I have a 750ti lying around in my room do you think that would do?

Wxh

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

I got the cosrair RM850W it will probably be an overkill but thanks for your answer

Yeah that psu can hold a 750ti and another gtx 980ti lol... So yeah plug the 750ti, set it up as a physx device and compare how games ran before and how they run after that, some games gain more than 30% performance boost. Also plug the additional monitor in the 750ti.

TRENDING THREADS