Jul 6, 2020
I want a dual monitor setup but I am currently stuck on what to buy, hoping you guys could shed some light.

I am currently using a 27' 144hz QHD as my first and only monitor. The question begins at which monitor should I get as a second, or upgrade my first one and make it my second.
Would use only one monitor for gaming and second just to watch streams/video/work.

My options:
  • Monitor 1: 27' 144hz QHD // Monitor 2: 27' 75hz FHD (Cheapest option, different resolutions and frequencies on both monitors)
  • Monitor 1: 27' 144hz QHD // Monitor 2: 27' 144hz FHD (Same frequency but still different resolutions)
  • Monitor 1: 27' 240hz FHD // Monitor 2: 27' 144hz QHD (Losing QHD on 1st monitor but gaining 240hz, different frequencies and resolutions)
  • Monitor 1: 27' 240hz QHD // Monitor 2: 27' 144hz QHD (Most expensive option, gaining 240hz on main monitor and mantaining QHD on both, different frequencies)

The way I'm looking at it is if I am already spending some cash, should I expend a little more and get myself an 'upgrade' or just the basics to complement.

The_Ginja_Ninja

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Do you want / need the upgrade? Are you not happy with current gaming monitor? Can you GPU make the most of an improved refresh rate?

Without knowing the above, it seems to me that your current monitor is pretty decent. I would just be getting a cheaper one to complement it as a second screen (assuming it's for day to day - browsing / email etc)

Reactions: xumate
Jul 6, 2020
Do you want / need the upgrade? Are you not happy with current gaming monitor? Can you GPU make the most of an improved refresh rate?

Without knowing the above, it seems to me that your current monitor is pretty decent. I would just be getting a cheaper one to complement it as a second screen (assuming it's for day to day - browsing / email etc)

I want another monitor simply for its easier way of watching streams/games while I work or play, I spend all my day in front of it so I guess it's worth it.
That doesn't mean my current monitor is bad, so yes I'm pretty happy with it. The GPU I am currently using is a RTX 2070 Super OCd.

TRENDING THREADS