Dual Monitor Trouble

bobbyfly123

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone! So recently I received a second monitor, however I am having difficulty setting them up, and am wondering if its even possible. I have a Nvidia Geforce 750ti Graphics card, it has two dvi ports, one VGA and one HDMI. The new monitor I got can use HDMI, not the old one, so I put the VGA cable on the second monitor, and the HDMI on the first, however it says "no cable connected" on my monitor. I am not sure if it just isn't possible to have a VGA and a HDMI at the same time, which doesn't make sense to me. Please help me out here.

Solution
I mean the physical buttons on the monitor, like when you've got a tv hooked up to a cable box with hdmi and a xbox with hdmi, you need to select the input to decide which it's using, some monitors wont do it automatically.

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Try re-seating the cable, make sure the monitor is on the correct input, go in to nvidia control panel see if the monitor shows up, if so you may need to select extend or duplicate or whatever it is youre trying to do. It should work no matter what cables youre using.

bobbyfly123

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hmmm, I am fairly new too the whole pc thing, seating? Im assuming that means trying to plug it back in/out if so, I have done that. I already opened the NVidia control panel, I tried setting it to duplicate, and extend, my first monitor (HDMI) is just black screen and its asleep. Whe ni restart the monitor itself, it just reads (no cable connected!), I have looked all over online, cant seem to find a fix.....

bobbyfly123

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I mean the physical buttons on the monitor, like when you've got a tv hooked up to a cable box with hdmi and a xbox with hdmi, you need to select the input to decide which it's using, some monitors wont do it automatically.

Solution

bobbyfly123

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

*facepalm*
Thanks.
IDK why I didn't realize that. Its working now xD thanks so much :D