Question Dual monitor wakeup issues

clemsontigerblah

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2015
Built new computer and got new monitor (ASUS Proart) for my wife, but using old GPU and secondary monitor is my old monitor.
Windows 10 is a fresh install and updated the RX 480 driver as well.

Specs
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB x2 (32GB)
RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Samsung 980 1 M.2-2280 NVME 1TB
Corsair CXM 550 W Semi-modular ATX
Main monitor = ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor
Secondary monitor = Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

Main monitor connected via DP cable, Secondary is by HDMI because there is no DP connection.

Works absolutely fine, EXCEPT it seem when the computer sleeps and wakes back up.
Issues
  • Sometimes icons are rearranged
  • If you click on the Windows start button, no menus pop up
  • The wallpaper on the secondary monitor (which is supposed to be different than main monitor) is now an weird extended version of the main monitor wallpaper, but main wallpaper is normal
  • This doesn't happen if I force the computer asleep myself and wake it back up immediately

If I restart the computer, then everything seems ok, but I still have to change back the wallpaper on the secondary monitor.

Any idea what is going on? Does it have something to do with having HDMI and DP at same time?

Built new computer and got new monitor (ASUS Proart) for my wife, but using old GPU and secondary monitor is my old monitor.
Windows 10 is a fresh install and updated the RX 480 driver as well.

Specs
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB x2 (32GB)
RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Samsung 980 1 M.2-2280 NVME 1TB
Corsair CXM 550 W Semi-modular ATX
Main monitor = ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor
Secondary monitor = Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

Main monitor connected via DP cable, Secondary is by HDMI because there is no DP connection.

Works absolutely fine, EXCEPT it seem when the computer sleeps and wakes back up.
Issues
  • Sometimes icons are rearranged
  • If you click on the Windows start button, no menus pop up
  • The wallpaper on the secondary monitor (which is supposed to be different than main monitor) is now an weird extended version of the main monitor wallpaper, but main wallpaper is normal
  • This doesn't happen if I force the computer asleep myself and wake it back up immediately
If I restart the computer, then everything seems ok, but I still have to change back the wallpaper on the secondary monitor.

Any idea what is going on? Does it have something to do with having HDMI and DP at same time?
You need to download and install these drivers that correlate to your mobo