[SOLVED] Dual monitor with dedicated and integrated graphics doesn't work

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I tried to dual monitor with my HD 2500 (core i5 3470) and GT 1030 GDDR5. But on the screen with the integrated GPU, only the taskbar and home desktop is visible. Mouse pointer does not show up and programs do not display. The dedicated works as normal.

I wanna use this integrated monitor for background and dedicated for gaming. The only reason I'm not using the dedicated for both is that it would only mirror the screens and there is only one HDMI port so I'll have to use the VGA port which does not run on high resolutions like 1080p.

Solution
technically VGA will run 1080P 60, and from what I can gather getting the correct displays on two different GPUs is hard, if not impossible.

As to the screens being mirrored, you can change that, click the notification icon on the lower right, click "project" and then "extend" (I'm assuming Windows 10). If that setting is not visible click "expand"

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
technically VGA will run 1080P 60, and from what I can gather getting the correct displays on two different GPUs is hard, if not impossible.

As to the screens being mirrored, you can change that, click the notification icon on the lower right, click "project" and then "extend" (I'm assuming Windows 10). If that setting is not visible click "expand"

Solution

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020

VGA does not give me an option for 1080p. I'd like to assume that its because of my monitor having the resolution of 1366x768