DuaL monitor with gtx 660

kevinmaster5000

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Hello,

So right now I have a gtx 660 with a vg278h monitor, I'm planning to get a second monitor, presumably the ve278h. First of all, 2 monitors will put more stress on my computer right?

Second, if I turn of my second monitor I got by clicking the power button, will it automatically stop feeding of my graphics card?

If not how to stop?

When I turn on my computer, will it have it running in both monitors backround?

I play some heavy games, so if I to a second monitor how would I have to turn it on then off later so it stops feeding?

What will appen if I turn on my second monitor?

Sorry about all the questions but I needa know

dingo07

Distinguished
no, there won't be more stress on the computer, there will be more stress on the gpu

you need to keep both monitors on - if you have the desktop Extended, otherwise all your icons will shift to the primary monitor

when you open a program you move the window to which monitor you want that program to run on, and after closing it, windows remembers so the next time you run it, it opens in that window

there's a handy tool called Actual Multiple Monitors - http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

kevinmaster5000

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Would the stress on the GPS be relieved if I simply turned it off with the physical key buttom?

And all I want to do is do 2 different things on 2 different monitors on the same gpu, and do the same thing on that actual monitor thing