Question Dual monitor with Ryzen 5 2400g?

mad_ragnarok

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Hello, I'm planning to build a PC with a Ryzen 5 2400G, but I don't know if it supports dual monitor without a dedicated GPU.

The motherboard model is GIGABYTE B450M-DSH3, it has a HDMI port and DVI-D port. Both of my monitors have a VGA Port.
I want to know if I can just simply connect both monitors with some adapters to the video ports of the motherboard.

Thank You

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
no, digital signals only. you cannot use a dumb adapter, you will need an Active converters. I suggest a powered like these:
examples only, not endorsements, caveat emptor.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapt...ive+converter&qid=1558895443&s=gateway&sr=8-3
the HDMI adapter should allow for audio output, many do not.

The answer is yes and no. Yes, you can use both the DVI-D and the HDMI ports on the motherboard at the same time. No, because the manual says DVI to VGA (D-Sub) adapters are not supported. You would have to use a special adapter (look up active adapters) ... or get new monitors.

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
Depends what's on the monitors, just don't try gaming on both at same time.

i got a 2200G build, i had no plans to get a GPU even if i had gone with intel and i moved from intel i5 2nd gen. so considering no GPU i am absolutely surprised what these dirt cheap chips can pull off, intel's integrated graphics are nowhere near amd's APUs.