Question dual monitor - wrong position

Jun 20, 2019
I have a dual monitor setup with the same model (DELL SE2717H), other parts of my setup is,
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
GPU: Sapphire nitro+ 4GB RX570
M/B: Gigabyte X370 K5
The problem is if i have a window open and 2 monitors, in second monitors show in different y axis. When i try to make a screenshot i show that i have a offset under of my 2nd monitor and over of my first monitor.

I tried to solve the problem with clear update of my drivers 19.6.2 (with DDU).
Update windows to 1903.
Update my bios in f40.

https://prnt.sc/o48ou4

Ralston18

Titan
If I understand the problem correctly one monitor is in portrait mode and the other monitor is in landscape mode - is that correct?

Or you trying to used Extend Mode ("WIN" + "P").

How are the monitors currently connected: Both to GPU, or one GPU, one motherboard. What video cable connections are being used: VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP?

Physically switch the monitors to determine if the problem stays with one monitor or stays with the logical position (Monitor 1, Monitor 2 as displayed in the "Set Up Multiple Displays" window).

Hopefully just a configuration setting.

Reactions: armagedwnn
Jun 20, 2019
If I understand the problem correctly one monitor is in portrait mode and the other monitor is in landscape mode - is that correct?

Or you trying to used Extend Mode ("WIN" + "P").

How are the monitors currently connected: Both to GPU, or one GPU, one motherboard. What video cable connections are being used: VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP?

Physically switch the monitors to determine if the problem stays with one monitor or stays with the logical position (Monitor 1, Monitor 2 as displayed in the "Set Up Multiple Displays" window).

Hopefully just a configuration setting.

1. I don't think so that one of monitors is on landscape and other in portrait, if i take a physical picture all looks normal. But in printscreen you can see the offset problem in y axis of monitor. In 1 hour i will upload and a physical picture.
  2. I have tried "WIN" +"P" no difference, the monitors is in extend mode.
  3. Both of monitors is connected with HDMI to GPU.
  4. I have try to switch but the problem remains.

Ralston18

Titan
By "offset" you are referring to the black screen areas: one at the top (left side) and the corresponding black area being on the bottom (right side).

If that is indeed the case, my apologies. Did not pick up on that.

Take a look at the individual monitor controls - likely some menu within the monitor's display controls.

You may need to move the displayed images up and down within the physical screen area to align the two monitors.

Most monitors have built in adjustments to shift the displayed images left, right, up, down when the incoming video signals crowd or push the margins.

Check the following link:

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...y/dell-se2717h-monitor_user's-guide_en-us.pdf

If I have found the correct User Guide, go to Page 27 (OSD). Read through the following pages.

I believe you need to adjust the vertical positioning per the instructions on Page 35.

Jun 20, 2019
By "offset" you are referring to the black screen areas: one at the top (left side) and the corresponding black area being on the bottom (right side).

If that is indeed the case, my apologies. Did not pick up on that.

Take a look at the individual monitor controls - likely some menu within the monitor's display controls.

You may need to move the displayed images up and down within the physical screen area to align the two monitors.

Most monitors have built in adjustments to shift the displayed images left, right, up, down when the incoming video signals crowd or push the margins.

Check the following link:

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_display/dell-se2717h-monitor_user's-guide_en-us.pdf

If I have found the correct User Guide, go to Page 27 (OSD). Read through the following pages.

I believe you need to adjust the vertical positioning per the instructions on Page 35.

The problem remains because i haven't this option from menu, as you can see in the photo.
I tried to update monitors drivers, previous amd drivers but problem exists.

View: https://imgur.com/a/cOj07DN

As you can see in picture is light gray and i haven 't permision to change location.

Ralston18

Titan
Actually I think you are getting closer.

Open the monitor configuration menu on the second (right hand monitor). Compare the two monitors.

It is curious that the Dell horizontal and vertical controls are greyed out as shown on the left hand monitor.

Perhaps being over-ridden by some other setting or function.

Also remember to check the GPU control panel settings. Determine which Dell monitor is "1" and which is "2".

Match the individual monitor configuration settings to be identical.

Adjust monitor "1" as a single monitor as you wish it be. Then do the same with "2" as a single monitor.

If all configurations settings (GPU control panel and on the monitors) are matched the problem may be resolved.

Jun 20, 2019
Actually I think you are getting closer.

Open the monitor configuration menu on the second (right hand monitor). Compare the two monitors.

It is curious that the Dell horizontal and vertical controls are greyed out as shown on the left hand monitor.

Perhaps being over-ridden by some other setting or function.

Also remember to check the GPU control panel settings. Determine which Dell monitor is "1" and which is "2".

Match the individual monitor configuration settings to be identical.

Adjust monitor "1" as a single monitor as you wish it be. Then do the same with "2" as a single monitor.

If all configurations settings (GPU control panel and on the monitors) are matched the problem may be resolved.
Solved.!
The problem was on registry. I saw that there was scale factors for six monitors.
I deleted all, and i deleted too configuration and connectivity folders.
Then i restart my pc and all works fine.