dual monitor

porterl

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Running XP on PIII 400 MHz and need dual-monitor output. Will run one to a CRT and the other must be RCA out to a DVD/VHS player out to big-screen TV. Need one card that is either original small AGP or PCI, or two cards. Thanks in advance for any advice on cards that will work with this configuration.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
look at the post about "Good PCI gaming card" most of the cards they mention have dual output. I would go for the nvidia 5600PCI, which I am positive has TV out.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
The all in wonder ATI cards should be capable of this. try looking at an ATI AIW 8500 or 9000.

A little more money but a much better card the 9600 pro AIW also give 2 crt DVI out puts plus RCA, Svideo...

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
heh, these guys are all hyped up on the latest crazes. You could get a CRT and RCA output way back in the Rage 128 days, and even earlier if you looked hard enough.

I'd probably recommend a Radeon 8500LE or 9100. These are some of the first Radeon cards to offer completely independant control of both outputs. They normally come with a combined S-Video/RCA output and an "adapter" which taps into two added pins on the output.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>