hello, am currently having issues with xp pro 2002 sp2 whilst trying to
install an old pci display card to my system to enable dual monitoring, i am
currently running with a geforce2 mx400 agp, and have tried adding a ati
mach64 gx pci, i know that the card works fine as i have tested it on its
own. the problem being that when i run more than one adapter i get error
message 10 on the second one and no option in the display setting to choose a
second monitor or adapter.... it is as if windows doesnt allow dual
monitoring... very odd, can anyone help. please.

chris

You seem to have a conflicting driver issues. It has always been
recommended to run all the same "make" of video cards (All nVidia). Also,
the ATi Mach64 drivers are very limited since you can only get the base
Windows XP drivers (the ones shipped with XP) and you would need the
enhanced ATi drivers, which do not seem to exist for the Mach 64 and XP.

"christoffa" <christoffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, am currently having issues with xp pro 2002 sp2 whilst trying to
> install an old pci display card to my system to enable dual monitoring, i
> am
> currently running with a geforce2 mx400 agp, and have tried adding a ati
> mach64 gx pci, i know that the card works fine as i have tested it on its
> own. the problem being that when i run more than one adapter i get error
> message 10 on the second one and no option in the display setting to
> choose a
> second monitor or adapter.... it is as if windows doesnt allow dual
> monitoring... very odd, can anyone help. please.
>
> chris

hmm,
i understand what youre saying, but it is strange that the drivers work fine
seperately... i have also tried a diamond card with both these other 2 cards
and had problems, but all 3 work fine on their own. do you have any
suggestions possibly somewhere to get hold of the mach64 driver? could i use
an nt4 or 2000 driver if i find one?
cheers