Dual Monitors and Multitasking

brigada37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
hi,

i have an interesting question and i was wondering if someone on this forum could help me out.

basically, i have 2 monitors (with 2 different resolutions) and i am looking to set them up so that i can do something in particular with them. what i want to do is be able to play a game fullscreen and switch over to the other monitor without minimizing the game. on the other monitor (while the game is still playing or simply paused on the first one), i want to be able to run itunes/be able to view a webpage/whatever.

the problem is that it's impossible, or so i've heard, to do with a single video card, even if it supports 2 monitors. the game HAS to minimize to switch to another monitor.

so, basically my question is, if i was to install another video card (some cheap PCI card) for the other monitor, would i be able to do what i mentioned above. in other words, i would have 2 different video card, with 1 being for each monitor. any help would be greatly appreciated.

my system specs are:

gtx 260 core 216
core 2 duo e8400
750i sli ftw

thanks

merlinbadman

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Want you want is not possible, windows requires the game to be maximused so to lock the mouse on that screen. Otherwise your mouse would wander over onto the other screen making the game uncontrolable.