Dual Monitors and Speakers?

ZigzZagz

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
If i had dual monitors, how would i setup a pair of speakers with them? Would i need 2 pairs, or connect one speaker to each, or just how would I do it?

Solution
All sounds from all programs go to the speakers. You can't have multiple audio devices output unless the software has an option.

Ralston18

Titan
I think you need to provide more information regardingy your setup.....

I.e., how are your speakers currently connected? Do the monitors have speakers?

Generally the monitor(s) are set up via the graphics card. The speakers via the audio card.

But if you are just using extended monitors along with audio via the sound card then the speakers would just be plugged into the sound card.

Use the small speaker icon (usually lower right screen corner) to set up the sound via "Playback devices".

Monitors are controlled via a right click on an open area within the desktop.

Overall it is probably best if you just set up the visual and audio as you desire/require. Then, if it does not work, post the details and the problem that you are encountering.

Ralston18

Titan
Agree but once "downstream" or otherwise physically out of the audio port OP should be able to plug into or otherwise select any desired audio device.

Not aware of any software options that permit/allow audio for "one monitor" to go to one set of speakers and audio for "second monitor" to go to another set of speakers. Sans some software solution as you mentioned.

For me at least, I think more information is needed. Hopefully OP will provide additional information. Thanks.