Dual monitors do not display

Spencasaurus

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Currently I have GTX 980ti that I want to hook up to two monitors. They are both 1920x1080 resolution, just one is smaller in physical size. I am connecting one via HDMI, and the other via DVI (because my graphics card has only one HDMI port available).

When just using one monitor or the other it displays perfectly. Using them both in tandem causes both displays to go black, and continually flash their corresponding info every 10 seconds or so.

One monitor flashes that it is getting signal from HDMI and it's resolution is 1366*768, and the other just flashes that it is getting signal from DVI. The monitors do nothing more, and even when I unplug one from the computer it doesn't resolve the issue and just display on one. I have to restart my computer completely with only one monitor plugged in at startup for it to display correctly.

I have the latest drivers from NVidia through the GeForce Experience software.

Any ideas of what might be going on here, or a potential solution?

Solution
The problem ended up being a bad DVI cord. After reseating the GPU a couple times and checking all of it's power connections, I switched the DVI cord, and the two displays worked together as they should.

Spencasaurus

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
The problem ended up being a bad DVI cord. After reseating the GPU a couple times and checking all of it's power connections, I switched the DVI cord, and the two displays worked together as they should.

Solution