Question Dual Monitors keep resetting randomly and black screens some applications

May 8, 2020
SPECS:
CPU: I7-8700k
GPU: RTX 2080super
IGPU: UHD Graphics 630
RAM: 16gig 3200
MOBO: z370m pro ac

I have a mixed refresh rate dual monitor set up and recently hooked up the 60hz to my IGPU so the 144hz could run off my dedicated card. Ever since then my monitors have been randomly resetting together as if they are crashing and rebooting. When the screens are black my audio cuts in and out as if it is resetting as well and this also black screens some programs such as Discord and Steam. the crashing and restarting lasts around a few seconds and i can unblack screen steam by clicking on my friendslist? however i need to restart discord to stop it from being a completely black window. any help or advice would be appreciated

Edit: The crash and restart is almost identical to what it looks like to update your graphics drivers.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020
If the 2nd screen is only for discord and what not, why not run it off the GPU as well and not try mixing GPU and iGPU.
The reason behind running it off igpu is because when i ran both monitors off GPU, anything running on my 60hz monitor would lock my 144hz monitor in some senarios to 60hz as well. Also when i ran both off GPU, my Streamlabs obs was not smooth, since i changed to IGPU and GPU, my streams have become much much smoother, however an even bigger issue now is that when the reset happens, my SLOBS crashes. i dont understand why running a IGPU and GPU would be causing these black screens, crashes and screen + audio restarts