• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Dual monitors not working with gtx 970

imoob

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
Just today my brother got a gtx 970 and wanted to use it in a dual monitor setup. The card is a Galax Infin8 variant and his monitors only support VGA and DVI-D.

The issue arises when i tried to plug both monitors into the card. The PC booted up and only one monitor was detected. When i unplugged that monitor from the card, the other monitor recieves video.

I am using the DVI-I and HDMI ports on the card and the cables i am using are DVI-I to VGA and HDMI to DVI-D. Both monitors work fine individually connected however, when they are both connected, only the one plugged into the DVI-I port on the gpu works. I also tried my monitor and the same issue occurs. Im not sure whether its the cables, the ports im using on the card or the card itself.

His monitors are a LG 22M35 and a AOC E2260Pw

Any help would be appreciated!

imoob

Commendable
Nov 7, 2018
To add, ive also already tried resetting the bios, uninstalling using DDU and reinstalling different versions of nvidia drivers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY