Dual Monitors, Separate Desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TranzTeKk

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Before I begin, I have a single amd r9 290 on my computer going through two monitors. I also have Windows 8.1 64-bit. My 144hz is connected via DVI Dual Link and the other is a 60hz connected through HDMI.

Anyway, the reason why I got two monitors in the first place is for multitasking while using full screen applications. I mostly use my computer to game, but I also talk to a friend of mine on Skype quite often throughout each day.

However, I hated having to alt tab or play a game in windowed mode to be able to talk to my friend back and forth. First world problems, I know, so I got two monitors.

However, the only option I seem to be able to understand and use is the "Extend Display" option, which makes it so my desktop is one desktop across two monitors. If I mouse over to the other monitor and click on Skype, my full screen application minimizes or closes (depending on the software/game)

I wanted to ask if it's possible, and if it is, how to have two separate desktops on the two monitors so I can avoid this? I'm only using display options on Windows 8.1 as of now, so I'm not sure if EyeFinity is able to accomplish this or even how to go about using that if that's what I need to do. I'm sure it is possible, but I wouldn't know. I am quite new to multiple displays, so bear with me.

I appreciate any help and suggestions I receive, thank you for taking the time. :)

TranzTeKk

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

Ah, thank you! They work like a charm. Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.