Question Dual monitors slowing connection speed

Apr 7, 2021
About a month and a half ago I got a second monitor for my setup. Since then I've been having connection issues with my PC. My problem is that once I started using a second monitor with my PC, I have been lagging and have had bad input delay while playing games. I currently have my both of my monitors connected to my graphics card through HDMI and have already tried using VGA. Connecting my monitors to my PC through VGA didn't fix anything. I've also tried changing different settings throughout my computer. I'm very inexperienced with computers and don't know if it's a setting that I need to change or a part that I need to upgrade. If it helps, I've had my computer for about 3 and 1/2 years. I have no idea what to do and I also don't know what kind of specs I'll need to provide to fix the problem. :/

Specs:
1st Monitor: Element (not sure on what kind exactly) (1360x768)
2nd Monitor: Acer (1920x1080)
GPU: Radeon RX 480 Graphics
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400
16 GB RAM
Motherboard: MSI MS-7A15
Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU? More screen real-estate means the GPU will be taxed slightly higher even on idle mode. When gaming, the GPU will need to manage two panels(even if one panel is used for gaming). Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We're on version 20H2.

Model for the monitors? Latest BIOS version for your motherboard?

Apr 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU? More screen real-estate means the GPU will be taxed slightly higher even on idle mode. When gaming, the GPU will need to manage two panels(even if one panel is used for gaming). Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We're on version 20H2.

Model for the monitors? Latest BIOS version for your motherboard?
I'm on Windows 10 Home 20H2
1st Monitor: Element ELEFW248 (1360x768)
2nd Monitor: Acer VG270 Pbiip (1920x1080)
The BIOS version of my motherboard is not actually up to date, which I just found out. I think I'm going to need a USB flash drive or something in order to update to the latest version. Currently I'm using version 1.2 for my MSI MS-7A15 motherboard. I'm still trying to find the PSU make and model but will get back to you with it whenever I find it.