[SOLVED] Dual Monitors Stopped Working (Win 10)

arzt

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
Got a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with one HDMI and three displayport ports. Monitor is hooked up, HDMI (from monitor) to DisplayPort, and the second monitor is VGA (from monitor) to HDMI, both into the back of my card. Recently, my second monitor is no longer working, displaying "No Signal" when hooked up to the card. There were no warnings, it just randomly stopped working. Already have done the following:
  • Checked physical connections
  • Reseated card
  • Un/Reinstalled various Windows updates I suspected of being the culprit
  • Rolled back and tried basic display drivers, up to date as of now
  • Booted into safe mode to see if any programs were causing it
I'm convinced it's a hardware issue, I'm trying to get my hands on a different VGA/HDMI converter and/or VGA cable. Until then, any thoughts on possible solutions?

Solution
I'd say your adapter has failed. Since your graphics card does not natively support an analog signal, the adapter must convert it from a digital signal from your graphics card. Cheap (and even expensive) adapters are likely to fail without warning. Your best bet is going to be to replace your older monitor with one that accepts a digital (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort) input.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd say your adapter has failed. Since your graphics card does not natively support an analog signal, the adapter must convert it from a digital signal from your graphics card. Cheap (and even expensive) adapters are likely to fail without warning. Your best bet is going to be to replace your older monitor with one that accepts a digital (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort) input.

-Wolf sends

Solution

arzt

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017

-Wolf sends

That was my suspicion.. I'll likely try a new adapter and cord, and then if all else fails I'll just get a better monitor. Thanks for the help.