[SOLVED] Dual Monitors using Display ports suddenly stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2021
Hello friends,

I have a dual monitor setup (Asus VG248 on the left, and AOC 2460G4 on the right). This system has worked without any issues for 4 years, both using display ports.
Yesterday, when I turned on my sistem, the left monitor (VG248) was black and stating no signal, while the right monitor was still functioning normally.

After some troubleshooting, trying out several solutions that worked for other people, I attempted to unplug the monitor on the right and have only the left faulty one working, and that did the trick, However, when I connected monitor on the right again, the monitor on the left stops working with no signal.

Then I tried using an HDMI cable on the left monitor, and that did the trick, now both monitors work. (however, since HDMI is not able to work with 144, I am left with a 60hz monitor on the left)

I have swapped the display port cable, both cables are working 100%. The issue that I found is: I am unable to get both monitors to work while both use display ports. As soon as I connect 2, the monitor on the left (VG248) loses signal.

When I go to display settings, I can see the display port connection is detected, however options are greyed out.

jFCDQ9E.png

What didn't work:
  1. Unplugging every hardware from power supply and cables connections
  2. Restarting computer
  3. Updating drivers
  4. Swapping cables
  5. Checked bios for multi display settings, didn't find any settings
  6. Swapping ports in the Video card
At this point I have no idea what is causing this issue, as it was working normally and all of a sudden stopped. (there were no windows updates at the time the issue happened)

My setup:
Alienware aurora r12.
Windows 10
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
RTX 3080 10gb, latest Driver as of (5/dec/2021)
Each monitor is connected to the Video card on it's own display port slot 1:1 (no adapters or converters)

Last edited:
Solution
Found a solution,

Seems like after a few restarts the monitors eventually got listed in the Set up Multiple Displays menu for the Nvidia control panel and 3 monitors were listed there, I just unticked one off (hdmi connection) and ticked the other one on(display port) and it worked.

wRSyFdr.png

I'll leave this here for future reference. Please close this post.
Dec 5, 2021
Found a solution,

Seems like after a few restarts the monitors eventually got listed in the Set up Multiple Displays menu for the Nvidia control panel and 3 monitors were listed there, I just unticked one off (hdmi connection) and ticked the other one on(display port) and it worked.

wRSyFdr.png

I'll leave this here for future reference. Please close this post.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.