Dual Monitors with XP?

Can I buy another card of the same type, perhaps PCI, and have dual
functionality?

Is there anything special or any incompatibility concerns I need to be aware
of?

Do all applications support dual monitors?

What about games such as Half-Life, Quake, Woflentein, etc? If so, can I
easily turn off dual-monitor functionality?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

DavidM wrote:
> Can I buy another card of the same type, perhaps PCI, and have dual
> functionality?
>
> Is there anything special or any incompatibility concerns I need to
> be aware of?
>
> Do all applications support dual monitors?
>
> What about games such as Half-Life, Quake, Woflentein, etc? If so,
> can I easily turn off dual-monitor functionality?
>
> Any help or direction would be appreciated.

To start with. Dual monitors rock. You really have 2 options. Get
yourself a video card that supports 2 monitors or if you are happy with your
current card then you can add a PCI video card for the second monitor.
Before I brougtht my G4 I used a S3 2meg card for the second monitor and
after that I used a SIS POS card. Then along came the G4 which supported 2
monitors on its own as does my current 9800PRO. I use a program called
UltraMon which along with along of other features for dual monitor has an
icon in the system tray that will switch off the second monitor with a
single click. Handy really.