[SOLVED] Dual Monitors

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
Hello, So currently I use a 4k 60hz monitor to game on and my second monitor is a 1080p 60hz. I use the second monitor mostly for discord, looking up stuff on the internet when i am playing a game or watching twitch. I am currently looking at getting a 1440P 144hz monitor for gaming and I am wondering, If you still need the second monitor to be the same 144hz compatible to be able to play in border less full screen and get the 144hz on your main monitor. I was just wanting to make sure that was still a thing before I pick up a cheaper 1080p 144hz monitor to use as my 2nd monitor.

Solution
You don't need the secondary monitor to be of the same frequency as the main monitor unless you want to game on it at the same frame as the main monitor(somewhere down the road). You're good with changing the main monitor alone.

Lutfij

Titan
You don't need the secondary monitor to be of the same frequency as the main monitor unless you want to game on it at the same frame as the main monitor(somewhere down the road). You're good with changing the main monitor alone.

Solution

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012

Awesome! I had heard that you could only go as high of HZ as your lowest hz monitor even when not using it for gaming. Thanks for the clarification!

TRENDING THREADS