Sep 26, 2021
I’m sorry if this question has already been asked I just can’t find the result anywhere.
I’m trying to connect 2 monitors to my pc. At first I bought a VGA y splitter to connect the two but that only resulted in a mirrored screen (pretty useless) so I bought a HDMI to VGA adapter to either connect the Y splitter too, or connect one of the screens too.
The HDMI Adapter works perfectly well on its own, but when I have both the HDMI adapter and the other VGA cable in, only one screen will work. The other will say it has no signal. My computer only has one HDMI port and one VGA port. I’ve turned my computer on and off, swapped the chords, turned the monitors on before the computer. I don’t know what else to do and I don’t want to keep buying new cables for it to not work.

so please, can someone help me? Do I need a specific cable or can my pc just not take 2 monitors

- Edit to add, my monitors are Dell P1914S and BENQ GL2023A. NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 is my graphics card -

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021
What monitors? What is the video card? You said only HDMI and VGA so I'm guessing you are using onboard/IGP?
Yes sorry, it is an IGP, my monitors are Dell P1914S and BENQ GL2023A. And it has the NVIDIA GeForce GT 710. Sorry about the lack of information, I’m not the best when it comes to computers :)

4745454b

Titan
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-announces-six-gt710-gpus,31073.html

The standard 710 is a card that plugs into your motherboard. It should have a DVI, HDMI, and VGA port. If you are plugging it in where the USB ports are then you don't have an 710 but are using IGP. This is important because your issue might be as simple as needing to load the correct drivers. It has a native VGA port so it's not an analog vs digital issues.

Solution
Sep 26, 2021
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-announces-six-gt710-gpus,31073.html

The standard 710 is a card that plugs into your motherboard. It should have a DVI, HDMI, and VGA port. If you are plugging it in where the USB ports are then you don't have an 710 but are using IGP. This is important because your issue might be as simple as needing to load the correct drivers. It has a native VGA port so it's not an analog vs digital issues.
Yes, sorry I got confused and thought the igp was just the graphics card. It is plugged into my Nvidia 710. It has all 3 of those, and I have 2 VGA cables so I bought a HDMI to VGA converter to stick one of the cables in to the HDMI port, and then used the other VGA cable in the native VGA port. If it’s any help the Ram type is GDDR5