[SOLVED] Dual NIC internet filtering by application?

Jun 25, 2020
Setting up system for church. In-house DSL internet is crappy for upload but decent for download. Also going to use a 4G hotspot for streaming because better upload. Win10 system, active network connections to both DSL (WAN1) and hotspot (WAN2) . I want to restrict only the OBS streaming traffic to WAN2 (hotspot) and all other traffic to the normal WAN1 (crappy DSL) any clue how? 3rd party app OK if that's what it takes. Thanks!

Solution
streaming over 4g ? i hope you have an unlimited data cap

if you really want to do this, search about "setting up routes to specific port"
exemple :
https://superuser.com/questions/104...d-specific-traffic-to-specific-ethernet-ports

since it's a church, and i believe in a rural area, the elevation should be high, i would check WLAN providers, not 4g.
WLAN providers setups point-to-point wifi relays, wich they use to uplink to a place with internet bandwidth. unlimited plans too.

other solution, ask if some place in the village is elligible to a better internet connection, and setup a point-to-point relay between the 2 places. Ubiquiti gear is the best for that. something like 2x nanobeam or...

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
streaming over 4g ? i hope you have an unlimited data cap

if you really want to do this, search about "setting up routes to specific port"
exemple :
https://superuser.com/questions/104...d-specific-traffic-to-specific-ethernet-ports

since it's a church, and i believe in a rural area, the elevation should be high, i would check WLAN providers, not 4g.
WLAN providers setups point-to-point wifi relays, wich they use to uplink to a place with internet bandwidth. unlimited plans too.

other solution, ask if some place in the village is elligible to a better internet connection, and setup a point-to-point relay between the 2 places. Ubiquiti gear is the best for that. something like 2x nanobeam or nanostation or powerbeam

Solution